Who Should Come to Sana
Our services are designed for adults 18 years or older who have one or more substance use disorders. This can be a dependence on alcohol, opioids, stimulants, sedatives, hallucinogens, cannabis or tobacco.
As there is a high prevalence of mental health conditions among people with substance use disorders, we understand the need to take an integrated approach to treatment and expertly address both addiction and a range of mental health conditions simultaneously at Sana.
Medical and Psychiatric
- Comprehensive Medical Evaluation and Withdrawal Management to assess your overall health and address any acute symptoms.
- Laboratory Testing to detect common medical conditions related to addiction.
- Psychiatric Evaluation to diagnose and treat any co-occurring mental health conditions.
- Medication Initiation and Adjustment to minimize symptoms and stabilize your body and mind, including medication-assisted treatment, such as buprenorphine and naltrexone.
- Individualized Treatment Planning to customize your care based on personal strengths, needs, skills and preferences.
- Individual Counseling to provide a personal therapeutic space to help you process and understand thoughts, feelings and behaviors, gaining insight to create change.
- Group Counseling to talk about and explore common issues shared by others who understand what you are experiencing.
- Couples/Family Counseling to open the lines of communication between you and your loved ones, begin the process of rebuilding trust and forming healthier relationships.
- Addiction and Recovery Education to help you understand the root causes of addiction and teach you what the latest science says about how to stay sober.
- Safe and Respectful Therapeutic Environment that is conducive to recovery.
- Comprehensive Aftercare Planning to prepare you for leaving Sana and the next steps in treatment.
- Post-Discharge Follow-Up to check in on you, support your continued recovery efforts and help you stay motivated.
- Acupuncture to enhance your clinical and medical treatment by alleviating physical symptoms, enhancing mental health and reducing stress.
- Nutritional Assessment and Education to understand and address your nutritional needs.
- Personalized Meals based on principles of integrative and functional nutrition and designed by a James Beard-nominated chef.
- Yoga and Fitness Studio to improve relaxation, manage stress, reduce inflammation and increase energy.
- Therapeutic Massage to relieve symptoms, heal injuries, promote circulation, reduce tension and improve sleep.
- Sleep Hygiene to improve and protect mental and physical health and enhance quality of life.
- Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) – Prescribed buprenorphine-naloxone, naltrexone, acamprosate and others help to reduce cravings, increase treatment retention and promote recovery.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) – Explores and identifies unhealthy patterns of thinking and teaches safe coping skills.
- Dialectic Behavioral Therapy (DBT) – Emphasizes behavioral change, problem-solving and emotional regulation.
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) – Uses mindfulness and behavioral activation to increase psychological flexibility and move toward values-based behaviors.
- Trauma-Informed Care (TIC) – Understands, recognizes and responds to the effects of all types of trauma.
- Motivational Enhancement Therapy (MET) – Helps individuals resolve their ambivalence and strengthen motivation.
- Mindfulness-based interventions (MBIs) – Enhances top-down conscious control over bottom-up automatic habits.
- Validated Stress-Reduction and Resiliency Building Techniques – Includes progressive muscle relaxation, guided imagery, diaphragmatic breathing.
- Twelve-Step Facilitation – Creates a sense of fellowship, connection and understanding and builds sober social support.